Business and Human Rights Consultants is pleased to be part of the external multi-stakeholder working group for ANZ's human rights review.
In 2020 ANZ committed to review and strengthen its human rights policies and processes. This work will include its business customer screening processes, revising ANZ’s human rights standards and developing a grievance mechanism for communities.
This review is referenced in the Statement of the Parties regarding the Australian National Contact Point complaint on behalf of Cambodian families.
Our approach is being informed by an external multi-stakeholder working group. Their involvement does not infer endorsement of the outcomes of this review or other work carried out by ANZ.
We will update on this review in our ESG reporting. We expect to finalise this work in mid-2021.
External stakeholder working group:
- Accountability Counsel
- Rebekah Armstrong, Business and Human Rights Consultants
- Business Council of Australia
- Centre for Research on Multinational Corporations (SOMO)
- Equitable Cambodia
- Finance Sector Union
- Human Rights Law Centre
- Inclusive Development International
- Associate Professor Shelley Marshall supported by Olivia Dean
- Minerals Council of Australia
- Reconciliation Australia
- Emeritus Professor Paul Redmond AM, UNSW Law and UTS
- Angela Reeman, Reeman Consulting
- Benson Saulo
- Uniting Church in Australia, Synod Vic. & Tas.
- Vanessa Zimmerman, Pillar Two (Facilitator)